The Structure of the UCH London Nurses’ Charity
The Objects of the Charity are for the public benefit:
- To advance the health of patients being cared for in hospital and in the community in such ways as the Trustees think fit including by:
- Advancing the education of associate members by providing grants and bursaries to enable associate members to attend training courses, workshops, conferences and seminars relating to their areas of practice;
- Advancing the education of associate members by providing grants and bursaries to enable associate members to undertake research and publish and disseminate the results of any such research;
- Providing a network to assist associate members to communicate with each other in order to share: best practice; latest developments in patient care; feedback from attending training courses, workshops, conferences and seminars paid for by the Charity; and results of research undertaken.
- The relief of poverty and financial hardship among associate members of the Charity by providing grants, items and services to those in need.
Janet Hull Memorial Fund
Board of Trustees/Directors
- Other Trustees
Headed by a Trustee with inclusion of other Trustees and associate members
- Sales and Stock
Join Us At Our Next Event!
Annual lecture, lunch and ACM
Saturday 20th April 2024
Annual lecture, lunch and ACM (annual charity meeting) will be on Saturday 20th April at the Radisson Grafton Hotel on Tottenham Court Road.
Tickets are on sale now.
Keep Up to Date
Your Charity News and Articles
This is my fifth report as Chair of UCH London Nurses’ Charity. My thanks to the trustees, members of the Benevolent Fund Committee and volunteers without whose work the charity would not continue.
Our work has been successful over 2023, we continue to award education and benevolent fund grants, we have good liaison with UCLH
It didn’t cross my mind that a lovely sunny lunch with friends we hadn’t seen for several years during the summer of 2022 would lead to proofreading the UCH London Nurses’Charity magazine, involvement with the benevolent fund committee and attending the Annual Study Day and Charity Meeting! The repercussions of a reunion with wine can be significant.
The Florence Nightingale Commemoration Service will be taking place on 16 May at St Paul’s Cathedral at 17.00.
This year sees a change in the venue from Westminster Abbey to St Paul’s due to the coronation of King Charles III, also taking place in May.