What you can do to help support UCH London Nurses’ Charity?
Keen to be involved? We are looking for the following:
Content writer for the website
We are looking for an associate to work on writing content for the website. We have a stack of past Magazines to draw on and access to documents about the Charity and nursing at UCH. If you might consider this role, approx.. two 50 -100 word pieces a month please contact us for further information.
Are you willing to become a trustee and take over as Treasurer? There would be plenty of support from the current Treasurer for the first year and beyond. The role takes up a day a month, plus four two-hour meetings online a year. If interested, please get in touch
We support a Benevolent Fund which is is a restricted fund held by the Charity and it is managed by the Volunteer Trustees of the Charity. It is available for associate members of the Charity who are in need of financial assistance in a period of hardship due to ill health, accident or disability.
We support an Education Fund aims to assist associate members with grants for postgraduate education. This might take the form of a recognised course, a study tour or an educational project that could help the associate member with their career.
Give in Memory – An in memoriam gift is a lovely way to honour a loved one and keep their memory alive by making a difference to someone who needs it most.
Leave a Legacy – Leaving us a gift in your Will will ensure future generations of UCH London nurses, are helped during hardship or crisis as well as supporting their further education.
Become an Associate Member
- A long-term support network, all-year-round, for your future, current and even retired staff
- Strengthening and supporting your recruitment, retention and wellbeing strategies
- Active demonstration of your commitment to the welfare of your nursing professionals
- You boost awareness of The UCH London Nurses’ Charity’s support and confidential advice for those experiencing personal and financial crisis
- Practical action to get your staff back on their feet and increase emotional strength and overall well-being
- Broadcast a positive message. You’re a supportive employer, living the values of your jobseekers, staff and stakeholders
- Help meet your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
Fundraise for The UCH London Nurses’ Charity and know you’re helping a UK nurse, who is suffering through illness, domestic abuse, disability, or older age.
What about these?
- Arm yourself with cooking gloves and get baking in celebration of Nurses Day – Sunday 12 May 2019
- Let’s Party! Get your Set together and raise some money – set up a raffle, or a donation box, have a bridge party with an “entrance fee”.
- Put on those running shoes and get sponsored, whether its the Great London run, The Richmond 10K or the Double Dash 5K, there’s a race waiting for you: Charity Running Events
- Festive fun – if you’re handy with the evergreens why not hold a Christmas wreath making day and ask for donations?
- Eyes Down – what about a Bingo night? Lots of fun and easy to organise.
- Green fingered? – Hold a plant sale, get together with friends and sell on those excess seedlings, or pot up some seasonal bulbs and sell them at Christmas.
- Test the old grey-matter – gather all your friends, form teams and hold a quiz night.
- Want a real challenge? – take on a charity sky dive, get bouncing with a bungee jump, go over the top with a sponsored abseil or what about a Ferret Race!
Calling all knitters and crafters….. have you heard about Twiddlemuffs? They provide a valuable focus for patients with dementia and delirium, designed to provide a stimulation activity for restless hands that can really help calm people. The key is to have lots of bits and bobs attached to fiddle with, then when they leave the hospital, the patient can take them home, so there is always a demand for twiddlemuffs.
We will distribute these, please send your Twiddlemuffs to:
UCLH Voluntary Services,
UCH London Nurses’ Charity,
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,
Trust Headquarters 2nd floor Central,
250 Euston Road,
London NW1 2PG
Join Us At Our Next Event!
Annual lecture, lunch and ACM
Saturday 20th April 2024
Annual lecture, lunch and ACM (annual charity meeting) will be on Saturday 20th April at the Radisson Grafton Hotel on Tottenham Court Road.
Tickets are on sale now.
Keep Up to Date
Your Charity News and Articles
This is my fifth report as Chair of UCH London Nurses’ Charity. My thanks to the trustees, members of the Benevolent Fund Committee and volunteers without whose work the charity would not continue.
Our work has been successful over 2023, we continue to award education and benevolent fund grants, we have good liaison with UCLH
It didn’t cross my mind that a lovely sunny lunch with friends we hadn’t seen for several years during the summer of 2022 would lead to proofreading the UCH London Nurses’Charity magazine, involvement with the benevolent fund committee and attending the Annual Study Day and Charity Meeting! The repercussions of a reunion with wine can be significant.
The Florence Nightingale Commemoration Service will be taking place on 16 May at St Paul’s Cathedral at 17.00.
This year sees a change in the venue from Westminster Abbey to St Paul’s due to the coronation of King Charles III, also taking place in May.