What you can do to help support UCH London Nurses’ Charity?
We support a Benevolent Fund which is is a restricted fund held by the Charity and it is managed by the Volunteer Trustees of the Charity. It is available for associate members of the Charity who are in need of financial assistance in a period of hardship due to ill health, accident or disability.
We support an Education Fund aims to assist associate members with grants for postgraduate education. This might take the form of a recognised course, a study tour or an educational project that could help the associate member with their career.
Give in Memory – An in memoriam gift is a lovely way to honour a loved one and keep their memory alive by making a difference to someone who needs it most.
Leave a Legacy – Leaving us a gift in your Will will ensure future generations of UCH London nurses, are helped during hardship or crisis as well as supporting their further education.
Become a Member
- A long-term support network, all-year-round, for your future, current and even retired staff
- Strengthening and supporting your recruitment, retention and wellbeing strategies
- Active demonstration of your commitment to the welfare of your nursing professionals
- You boost awareness of The UCH London Nurses’ Charity’s support and confidential advice for those experiencing personal and financial crisis
- Practical action to get your staff back on their feet and increase emotional strength and overall well-being
- Broadcast a positive message. You’re a supportive employer, living the values of your jobseekers, staff and stakeholders
- Help meet your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives
Fundraise for The UCH London Nurses’ Charity and know you’re helping a UK nurse, who is suffering through illness, domestic abuse, disability, or older age.
What about these?
- Arm yourself with cooking gloves and get baking in celebration of Nurses Day – Sunday 12 May 2019
- Let’s Party! Get your Set together and raise some money – set up a raffle, or a donation box, have a bridge party with an “entrance fee”.
- Put on those running shoes and get sponsored, whether its the Great London run, The Richmond 10K or the Double Dash 5K, there’s a race waiting for you: Charity Running Events
- Festive fun – if you’re handy with the evergreens why not hold a Christmas wreath making day and ask for donations?
- Eyes Down – what about a Bingo night? Lots of fun and easy to organise.
- Green fingered? – Hold a plant sale, get together with friends and sell on those excess seedlings, or pot up some seasonal bulbs and sell them at Christmas.
- Test the old grey-matter – gather all your friends, form teams and hold a quiz night.
- Want a real challenge? – take on a charity sky dive, get bouncing with a bungee jump, go over the top with a sponsored abseil or what about a Ferret Race!
The Charity receives many knitted items that are passed on to the Special babies in NICU.
These can now be sent directly to:
Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Wing
University College Hospital
25 Grafton Way
London, WC1E 6DB
NICU have specifically requested for small blankets to be knitted for each new baby’s ‘journey box’. Otherwise there doesn’t appear to be a need for any specific size or pattern with NICU as they are extremely grateful for all they receive.
Join Us At Our Next Event!
Annual Study Morning
April, 2020 @ 10:00am
Venue to be decided
More information about the event to follow.
Autumn Lunch 2020
Saturday 10th October 2020
Lunch open to Associate Members and guests
Study Day and ACM
Saturday 24th April 2020
Venue to be advised
Open to all Members
Keep Up to Date
Your Charity News and Articles
Annual Study Morning and Annual Charity Meeting Saturday 25th April 2020 To be held at the Grafton/Radisson Hotel, 130 Tottenham Court Road Cost of the tickets: £35 for members, £40 for guests. Closing date for applications: 25th March Study Morning Agenda 10.30...
Fifty years ago the UCH 1969 intakes: 180 in January, 181 in May and 182 in September commenced three years training to become State Registered Nurses.
The Autumn Lunch on Saturday 12th October was well attended with over 65 sitting down to lunch. The lunch was held at the Grafton Radisson Hotel in Tottenham Court Road, site of the Grafton Nurses’ Home.